Business Unit/Group Function:
Bluestone Credit Management Limited
Role Grade: 3
Working on the front line of operations, the role of Negotiator is to identify appropriate customer solutions on accounts, primarily through telephone negotiation having gathered information to inform and support the solution.
The primary objective of the role is to Negotiate best possible solutions for Customers on all accounts following internal processes and procedures, working in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Effectively manage allocated caseload to ensure all accounts are actioned in a timely manner
- Review customer accounts to determine and propose the best possible resolution
- Contact customers via telephone/letter to negotiate on accounts
- Negotiate with customers to ensure solutions are affordable, signposting to sources of free debt advice where necessary and identifying and dealing with vulnerable customers appropriately
- Follow up on payment promises to secure ongoing payment arrangements
- Update client accounts accurately and concisely
- Negotiate settlement terms with debtors or appointed third parties as per client mandate
- Provide a “shadowing” facility to colleagues either new to the business, or new to the Team
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory, client and internal policy and procedure requirements
- Support the team to meet or exceed set standards by achieving agreed performance objectives and key performance indicators
- Work in partnership with other departments in Bluestone to meet business objectives
- Adhere at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly
- Working in line with Company and legislative requirements in Health, Safety & Welfare for both self and others
Skills & Requirements
- Understanding of FCA regulations and DPA principles
- A team-worker who must be able to build working relationships and interact with colleagues
- MS Office and/or Google experience
- Good communication skills
- Bright and enthusiastic nature
- Ability to demonstrate a professional approach to all circumstances
- Good organisational and administrative skills with a proven ability to prioritise tasks
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Debt Collection Agency experience
- Experience of working on a telephone dialler
Job offers at Bluestone are subject to satisfactory background checks. Please disclose any adverse history relating to credit or criminal checks when applying for any role.
For Conduct Roles
- Ongoing compliance with the Individual Conduct rules contained within Chapter 2 of the FCA’s Code of Conduct Handbook.